Ten Minutes.

I only have ten minutes before my computer shuts me out and I want to see how much cool and coherent information I can fit in this blog post.

First off, Winter Formal! That was Saturday. It was an enjoyable senior year experience.

For us, at least.

Then church. Church is always great. I always love church. Even when I hate everyone in the world I still get some enjoyment out of church.

So it was a good weekend. I got to bear my testimony in Young Women's and then after church I successfully did not fall asleep, until around 7 PM... Then my mom came and woke me up at 10 PM and made me go sleep on my bed and not on the couch.

MOOOooooom...

Yesterday night was lovely. I went out with my lovely Becca (pictured above) after visiting my friend Avie at work (she works at a coffee shop, so hardcore). We went to Wal-Mart like the thugs we are and walked around and talked about dudes (hot dudes, ugly dudes, lame dudes, famous dudes, etc.) and then talked about dudes some more and then went home.

So that was cool.

Then today, Tuesday, typically the hardest day of the week, I got up and went to seminary and unsuccessfully kept the class together (I'm the seminary president and it's my job to keep things organized which, let's just say is the absolute most difficult job any person could ever have ever) and then I went to school. I'm gearing up for finals week so yay for not studying and procrastination.

I just spent way too much time on Tumblr... It's distracting.

I got to wear my new Avengers shirt that my friend got me for Secret Santa that our study group did last week. Twas awesome.

And today I listened to a lot of simultaneously depressing and invigorating music, so that was way confusing for my brain.

And then I sat around all depressed and watched Glee (ugh, I know, why did I do that, it was a terrible idea and a terrible episode).

So why am I telling you these dumb things? Like, yay, welcome to the painfully bland life of Ellie.

NO NO NO, LET ME TELL YOU.

Here's something that I've learned over the past few weeks. Yeah, crap happens. It isn't fun crap. It's crappy crap. And I hate it.

But I've conditioned myself to find the extraordinary in the ordinary, menial, everyday experiences because LIFE IS REALLY AWESOME. This is our one shot at it, and I think it's our job to figure out how we can appreciate the many things that we take advantage of every day.

Count your blessings, and pay close attention to the little things. They add up and will bless your life so deeply.

Ten minutes are up. PEACE.
 Ellie

**UPDATE** My computer shut me out before I could post it. That's embarrassing. But I have some more things to say so yay. :)

Today I am challenging myself to really enjoy all the things that I have been given, the beautiful things I have been blessed with, and try to use that to keep the Spirit with me so that I can be calm, cool, and collected. I have important things to do today and I want my actions to be led by the Lord because I know I can't fail if I follow Him.

Carry on.

Comments

  1. Ellie, thank you for sharing. I really do enjoy reading these(: You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Update & Some Thoughts On Why H8rs H8

The Hardest Part

Wonderful Day of Birth!